The optical impression as a precise basis for accurately-fitting restorations
Zfx IntraScan is a lightweight handpiece which is connected to a notebook by means of a cable and weighs only 600 grams. The entire scanning technology is incorporated into the handpiece, obviating the need for a complex workstation.
The intraoral scanner is used to digitally measure the condition of the bite and a 3-D model is generated from the results. Both the hard and the soft tissue are modelled. Digital impressions taken with the Zfx IntraScan are used as a basis for the computer-controlled design and manufacture of implant and tooth-supported restorations. It is not necessary to apply scanning powder.
Workflow in practice
An optical impression of the patient‘s mouth is taken with the Zfx intraoral scanner. The individual scans generated are combined in real time. The generated data record is small, enabling data to be transmitted quickly and easily. The result is a virtual, three-dimensional model which can be displayed and checked on the monitor. If this shows that the preparation limit has not been modelled accurately or if there are gaps in the data, then the preparation and scanning can be repeated. It is also possible to interrupt the scan, for example to re-dry a region – the scanning process is simply continued from where it was interrupted. Scanning can also be carried out at a different point by moving the scan field with the mouse.
When the scanning process is complete, the generated 3-D model is made available to the laboratory via the Zfx Dental-Net. It is not necessary for Zfx to modify or compress the data record, and the partner laboratory can start the virtual construction immediately. The Zfx Dental-Net online platform is also used for communication between practice, laboratory and milling centre.
Zfx IntraScan requires less than 0.1 seconds per scan and merges the separate scans in real time.
Zfx IntraScan match holder
These are available in two sizes and are compatible with implant systems from Camlog, Nobel Biocare, Straumann, Zimmer and many more.
Confocal Measuring System
• Open system
• Direct, oral scans
• Shorter treatment time
• No Click-fee
• Portable (600g)
• 18 scans / second
• Real-time stitching
• Incl. Laptop PC System
Features of Zfx IntraScan
- Open system to the common dental CADs
- Confocal microscope with Moiree effect recognition
- Smart pixel sensor for fast and precise scanning
- Automatic real-time stitching of the individual scans
- Scanning the oral tissue without additional usage of powder
- Interruption of scans (pause / stop) possible anytime
- Separate scans are automatically put together
- Individual scan time: less than 0.1 seconds
- Typical scan speed (PC-dependent): 18 scans / second
- Weight: 600g
- Pixels on sensor (X x Y): 144 x 90; pixel size: 50×86 μm
- On the object (X x Y): 66 x 120 μm
- Scan field (on the object – X x Y x Z): 10.4 x 9.6 x 18 mm
- USB 2.0 PC connection
- Output format: STL file